A few little random facts about me...
1. I start and end each day with a prayer of thankfulness.
2. I was born in the Philippines. I don't speak tagalog, but I understand enough to know when it's time to eat.
3. I am the 3rd daughter out for 4 girls.
4. My younger sister passed away a week before my 23rd birthday. I named my daughter after her. They have the same beautiful smile, so I still feel she's with me everyday.
5. As immigrants, we never lived off or accepted any government assistance. My mother worked 3 jobs and went to nursing school while my dad worked as a welder and pastored a small church. We wore 2nd hand clothes, lived in 2 bedroom house in the one way streets of Norwalk, and drove a used car.
6. Years later, dad's employer's daughter was one of my favorite high school teachers.
7. I'm left handed. In elementary school, my teacher gave me an unsatisfactory in cutting. My mom marched down to the school chewed the teacher out for not having left handed scissors.
8. I did the same for my son when his teacher when she told me he had poor penmanship. I told her to quit forcing my son to be right-handed.
9. My kids are grown, but I still sneak in their rooms from time to time and watch them sleep or listen to them breathe. It creepy...but it's ok because I'm their mom and you will get this if you are a parent.
10. When I pay the utility bills or buy gas, I have round up in increments of
11. My parent cut off my allowance 1 month before my 21st birthday. It was the best thing they ever did for me.
12. I lived in a foreign country (England). I plan on living in more, once Steve and I become empty nesters.
13. The first time I caught a glimpse of San Marco Piazza in Venice, Italy, I felt it in my soul. I felt like I was home.
14. I have serious Adult A.D.D. that I have to talk myself thru it to stay focused and complete the task at hand.
15. I can't go in public, even if it's to get the mail, without filling in my eyebrows.
16. I LOVE coffee or a good strong cup of tea. My day is lost if I don't have either or both. It is almost unsalvageable.
17. I met my husband Steve while working in a bar. Every single day in our marriage, Steve and I have told each other "I love you" at the start of each and before we go to sleep.
18. I'm a shoe addict and have passed these tendencies on to my husband and kids.
19. I don't like straight lines. There has to a be a curve or something that shows movement.
20. When I look at you, I am trying to figure out the best light to capture your beauty and showcase your personality.
21. Money doesn't impress me but how you interact with people and problem solve with people wins me over every time.
22. I am continuously studying, trying to learn new skills but I hate being in a classroom. I love that internet has afforded me the opportunities to do so without being in one.
23. My ideal jobs: Photographer and dog walker
24. I run several lists simultaneously each day on my calendar: work, priority, goals, bills, home tasks, family, that you will hear constant pings from my phone all day.
25. I'm finding out that life is a series of sweet circles. Good people will remain in your life and you'll circle back to them, especially if you didn't realize or recognize it the first time.